Thursday, August 19, 2004

bin Laden Cornered?

Referenced on BOP News, blogger Abu Aardvark has a link to an Arabic news organization al Arabiya claiming "Pakistan has down bin Laden's location to a specific point along the Pakistan-Afghan border."
Abu claims that this news is al over the Arabic-speaking media. Since I don't know Arabic, I can't verify if (1) the story is really about OBL being cornered or (2) if the Arabic media is running with this story.


If it is true while we English-speakers are still being told OBL is nowhere to be found, it is obviously disturbing. (The usual stuff, Rove, October surprise, etc.)


I asked on Daily Kos if there were any Arabic speakers on this site who can look at the al-Arabiya article and verify its subject, etc? (Or, I offered, if paranoid, could they send the link to an Arabic language professor or something, somewhere unidentified, and report back on the contents?)

I am real curious, because I'm worried about Bush/Rove playing that trick but also skeptical when someone says "someone said" something and I can't see it for myself.

OTOH, If we get him (OBL), it's still a good thing, in my book.

No comments: